Tuesday 7 August 2012

WIP: wide twin bracelet


I've been working on this bracelet on and off. Just haven't been able to decide if I like it or no, whether I should finish it or frog it.

I began by doing a row of stitches just like the ones used in my twin bead sampler here. I then wanted to make a wider band by adding one or two more rows. As you can see  neither of the rows are finished: I stopped making the second row as I wanted to see what it'd look like with a third row before deciding whether it was time to rip it up or keep working on it. It's pretty slow in making so it doesn't feel worth continuing if the results are mediocre.




Below I've "isolated" the section with two and three rows respectively to get a better look of what the two versions look like.

double version


triple version


As you might've guessed from the number of threads I'm working with a double-needle technique. Basically just because that's how I made my first version (with a single row). Tried a single-needle technique first, but had trouble with the thread tension and keeping the beads straight.

I'm also going to do wider bands of at least one of the other variations seen in the twin sampler post. Not sure when I'll get around to it, though, as I'm doing a coulpe of embroideries at the moment and they take time, both for the actual stitching and for the design process.




4 comments:

  1. Wow. I really like that look, but it looks like a lot of work. I've never tried anything like that. I don't think I have the patience for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I'd say having patience really depends on the pattern and technique: some takes really long, but it doesn't feel like it. Others feel really tedious.

      In this case it'd probably take less time to make if I changed the thread paths a bit and used a single-needle technique instead.

      Delete
  2. It's interesting to see that the results are so different with one, two or three rows. I thInk they are all nice. As for me, I like the triple one most, just because I usually prefer my bracelets like that. If it was my bracelet, I'd finish it with a beautiful beaded flower, or a Czech glass button instead of an ordinary clasp. Maybe you have completely different design ideas for clasps? Beautiful seeds you have there! They gave me the idea of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I'll probably do the three rows. Some time. Hadn't thought as far as the closure, but I really like your idea. We'll just have to see what I find in my stash when it's finished.

      Delete

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...