Sunday 13 November 2011

Autumn leaves



It's Sunday and I'm as usually spending the weekend writing a week's worth of posts for my other blog so today will be more pictures than words. As it's (still) autumn I thought the colours and theme in these old photos was fitting.



This is a handmade boro glass cab surrounded by hessonite garnet chip beads. Like a lot of beaders, I'm not a big fan of chips, but I like how they can feel like autumn leaves sometimes. So I figured they might look good with an autumnal cab like this one. This is how far my ideas for this cab has come.



It's almost like a flower, a chrysanthemum of some sort, in that flat cab. Love it!

2 comments:

  1. That IS a gorgeous cab :) I think all that chip might be a bit distracting form it though... maybe go with bronze chain with some of the chip to accent, maybe a bit of ribbon or something in the same tones as well... or go with stringing a bronze or neutral tone bead ( creams or coffees, maybe) with the chip as accent ...


    ... dang it >.< now you have me wanting to play with beads! I got housework to do first lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree those chips might overpower the cab if I'm not careful. Feels like the design process will be much about finding a balance.

    Good thing I don't have a deadline for this one: there'll be plenty of time to try out some different ideas before commiting to anything.

    Thanks for your feedback!

    ReplyDelete

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...